The National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) was established in 1991 under the National Science and Technology Development Act 1991. The agency is affiliated to the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation and reports to the NSTDA Governing Board, chaired by Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation.
NSTDA is entrusted with an important task to accelerate science, technology and innovation development in Thailand in order to respond to the need of the industry and enhance the country’s competitiveness in the global economy, and as a result, making contribution to national economic and social development. Our mission is to perform and support Research and Development, Design and Engineering, Technology Transfer, Science and Technology Human Resource Development, and Infrastructure Development. This mission is implemented through working with partners from academic, government, private, and non-government sectors, both domestically and internationally.
NSTDA comprises five national research centers:
• National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC)
• National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC)
• National Metal and Materials Technology Center (MTEC)
• National Nanotechnology Center (NANOTEC)
• National Energy Technology Center (ENTEC)