On 4 February 2023, HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn graciously presided over an opening ceremony of Thailand Inventors’ Day 2023 - an event hosted by the National Research Council of Thailand to celebrate and promote research and invention. During the event, an award presentation ceremony was held for recipients of NRCT Awards 2023 in various categories.
NSTDA researchers were recognized with a total of 16 awards.
- Chanpen Karuwan, et al. received Invention Award for “Innovative Portable Microplastic Sensing Device Using Fluorescent Nile Red/Graphene and Artificial Intelligence Technique”.
- Siwaruk Siwamogsatham, et al. received Invention Award for “MagikTuch – Touchless Elevator System”.
- Nattanun Thatphithakkul, et al. received Research Award for “Automatic Human Workforce Management with Artificial Intelligence”.
- Putt Sakdhnagool received Dissertation Award for “Improving Productivity of Accelerator Computing Through Programming Models and Compiler Optimizations”.
- Challika Kaewborisuth and Dr. Anan Jongkaewwattana received Research Award for “Study of ORF3 Functions in Regulating Virus Replication and Pathogenesis and Its Application for The Development of Live-Attenuated Vaccine Against Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV)”.
- Nitsara Karoonuthaisiri, et al. received Research Award for “Genome Sequencing of the Black Tiger Shrimp for Aquaculture Industry”.
- Verawat Champreda, et al. received Research Award for “Development of Pre-Pilot-Scale Organosolv Fractionation Process for Lignin and Co-Product from Agricultural Wastes for Application in BCG Industry”.
- Panita Chutimanukul received Dissertation Award for “Salt Tolerant Gene Identification in Rice Using Chromosome Substitution Line with KHAO DAWK MALI 105 Rice Genetic Background”.
- Teerawat Wiwatpanit received Dissertation Award for “Roles of Specialized Mucolipin-Endowed Lysosomes”.
- Wansika Kiatpathomchai, et al. received Invention Award for “PigXY-AMP: A Sensitive and Rapid One-Step Colorimetric LAMP Detection Kit of African Swine Fever Virus”.
- Wanida Pongsaksawad, et al. received Invention Award for “Web Geographic Information System Map (Web GIS Map) for Corrosion Rate of Structural Steel in Thailand”.
- Pongtanawat Khemthong, et al. received Research Award for “Integrating the Technology and Innovative Research for Developing Biogreen Diesel over Bifunctional Metal Phosphide Catalysts”.
- Teera Butburee and Dr. Kajornsak Faungnawakij received Research Award for “Direct Growth of Porous Single-crystalline Titanium Dioxide Nanostructures on Conductive Substrates for Photocatalytic Applications”
- Surat Teerapittayanon received Dissertation Award for “Intelligence Distribution Network”.
- Paisan Khanchaitit, et al. received Invention Award for “Instant Production of Microneedle on Fabrics with Customizable Features”.
- Chutiparn Lertvachirapaiboon, et al. received Invention Award for “Bio-Calcium Carbonate Produced from Wasted Green Mussel Shell”.