Master Degree Scholarships (International Program)
TAIST-Tokyo Tech has offered three Master's Degree programs with various Thai universities acting as hosts. First year students are expected to enroll in courses taught mainly by professors from Tokyo Tech. In the second year, researches for dissertations will be carried out mainly in NSTDA various laboratories with NSTDA researchers acting as supervisors or co-supervisors. Professors from Tokyo Tech will actively participate in the educational process of the students throughout each program. After a successful completion of both course work and thesis, the students will receive degrees from the host universities. These programs are:
- Automotive Engineering (AE). The host universities are KMUTT and KMITL.
- Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems (ICTES). The host universities are SIIT and KU.
- Sustainable Energy and Resources Engineering (SERE) . The host universities are KU and SIIT.
Eligibility of Applicants
Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree of either Engineering or Science in an appropriate discipline (Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgical, Control, Electronic, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Materials, Geology, Environmental, Industrial, Agro-Industrial, Forestry, Production Forestry, Computer etc.) or to be awarded the Bachelor's degree before starting the Master's degree program.
Applicants must have the grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 or 2 years experience in relevant research and work as specified by the Executive Committee.
Target Number and Coverage of Scholarships
Around 30 scholarships will be awarded to accepted students in the Master's degree program in all programs. The accepted students will receive tuition fee for two years including international conference fee (<=US500).
Application and Screening Procedure
A. Applicants complete one set of TAIST-Tokyo Tech application form with the following documents
- Two 1x1-inch photographs taken within the past six months.
- Official Bachelor's transcript with grade point.
- Statement of purpose (Summary of senior projects, Statement for study motivation, or Statement of research interest)
- Letter of recommendation from applicants Advisor. Download
- Letter of recommendation from applicants Lecturer or Head of department or Company supervisor, if available. Download
- Two sets of copy of ID or passport and one set of copy of house registration.
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, CU-TEP, TU-GET, IELTS,TOEIC,KU EPT) taken within two years before the application date, if available. Click
B. Applicants must submit the one set of completed applications via website [Online Application] http://www.biotec.or.th/taist/login.php
C. TAIST-Tokyo Tech application committee screen applicants for admission ad inform potential applicants to confirm their invitation to the scheduled interview process via e-mail. The interview process comprises two sessions, i.e. the interview itself in the morning and English proficiency test in the afternoon. Note: At the time of admission and scholarship screening procedure, committee may contact the applicants for missing documents or further information.
D. Potential applicants attend the appointed interview with missing documents or other documents upon the committees request. Furthermore, in the morning, the applicants will be scheduled for an English proficiency test held by TAIST-Tokyo Tech.
E. TAIST-Tokyo Tech announces the Scholarship result and informs successful applicants to confirm their acceptance of the scholarship via Reply form and submit required documents back to their host University.