Master Degree Scholarships (Apply Now!)
Master Degree Scholarships (International Program) Thailand Advanced Institute of Science and Technology and Tokyo Institute of Technology (TAIST-Tokyo Tech)
- Automotive Engineering (AE)
- Information and Communication Technology for Embedded Systems (ICTES)
- Sustainable Energy and Resources Engineering (SERE)
Scholarship Supports and Research Opportunities
I. TAIST-Tokyo Tech Scholarship
- Receive a Master of Engineering degree from a host university (KMITL, KMUTT, KU or SIIT) and a certificate from Tokyo Tech, NSTDA, and a host university
- Receive a certificate in Rail transportation form Tokyo Tech, NSTDA , and Mahidol university (optional)
- Tuition fee and thesis supports
- Conference participation supports
- Extra curricula activity supports, e.g. Exchange/internship programs with partner university/institute/industry domestically or abroad.
- Opportunity to conduct advanced research work under supervisions of Professors from host university and Tokyo Tech, and NSTDA researchers (Available research fields)
- Study in international environment (English as a medium of instruction, with international instructors and students)
II. TAIST-Tokyo Tech Living allowance scholarship (New)
- Similar supports to TAIST-Tokyo Tech Scholarship PLUS
- Monthly allowance from the TAIST-Tokyo Tech program of 10,000 Baht/month for up to 2 years under the following conditions:
- Students have to conduct their thesis on NSTDA's research topics and have NSTDA researcher as thesis main or co-supervisor (as the rules and regulation allows).
- Students have to send research progress every 6 months.
- Students are not allowed to receive living allowance from other scholarships.
- Available research topics for TAIST-Tokyo Tech Living allowance Scholarships.
- Program: SERE (To be announced later)
- Program : AE (To be announced later)
- Program : ICTES (To be announced later)
- ASEAN students who comply with those conditions are also entitled to received full scholarship.
- You must pass the TAIST-Tokyo Tech interview, then apply to TAIST-Tokyo Tech Living allowance scholarship.
Eligibility of Applicants
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree of either Engineering or Science in an appropriate discipline (Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgical, Control, Electronic, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Materials, Geology, Environmental, Industrial, Agro-Industrial, Forestry, Production Forestry, Computer etc.) or to be awarded the Bachelor's degree before starting the Master's degree program.
- Applicants must have the grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.75 or 2 years experience in relevant research and work as specified by the Executive Committee.
- Overseas Applicants must contact Program Director of Program.
Application and Screening Procedure
Applicants complete one set of TAIST-Tokyo Tech application form with the following documents
- Two 1x1-inch photographs taken within the past six months.
- Official Bachelor's transcript with grade point.
- Statement of purpose (Summary of senior projects, Statement for study motivation, or Statement of research interest)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant's Advisor. (A recommendation form can be downloaded from Online Application system or Download here)
- Letter of recommendation from applicant's Lecturer or Head of department or Company supervisor, if available. (A recommendation form can be downloaded from Online application system or Download here)
- Two sets of copy of ID or passport and one set of copy of house registration.
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, CU-TEP, TU-GET, IELTS, TOEIC, KU EPT) taken within two years before the application date, if available. See more detail.
- Applicants must apply and submit the application via http://www.biotec.or.th/nstdaScholarship_v2/index.php/site/login?scholartype=taist and submit your original documents on the interview day. For uploading files, please use IE browser and file size must not larger than 200MB.
- Candidates who does not submit English score required by TAIST-Tokyo Tech, you have to take English Test on the interview day.
- Candidates who reside in regional areas of Thailand and overseas can be interviewed via skype.