The Sixth Meeting of NSTDA International Advisory Committee (IAC) was held on 29 March 2014 at Sirindhorn Science Home, Thailand Science Park, Pathum Thani. The meeting was chaired by Prof. Sukekatsu Ushioda, President of National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), Japan and six IAC members wereable to attend as listed below.
• Prof. Sukekatsu Ushioda, President, National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), Japan.
• Dr. Lene Lange, Director of Research, Centre for Bioenergy, Aalborg University, Denmark.
• Mr. Craig Roy, Deputy Chief Executive, Science, Strategy and People, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia.
• Dr. Masahiro Seto, Vice President, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan attended on behalf of Dr Ryoji Chubachi.
• Prof. Peter A. Singer, Chief Executive Officer, Grand Challenges Canada.
• Dr. Alexander Zelinsky, Chief Defence Scientist, Defence Science and Technology Organisation (DSTO), Australia.
The IAC is a significant effort on the part of NSTDA to seek the advice of internationally respected strategists, administrators, advisors and scientists in formulating its strategic and operational goals. NSTDA has benefited enormously from the support if its IAC members and very much looks forward to the next IAC meeting in 2015.