Infoday on HORIZON 2020 Funding Opportunities and Workshops on EU Project Participation
- Introduction to Horizon 2020: how it works and how to participate by Ms. Carole Glynn, Director, FRIENZ, New Zealand
- Opportunities in “Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials” by Mr. Patrick Ziegler, European and International Cooperation/Project Management Agency c/o German Aerospace Center (DLR)
- Opportunities in “Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy” by Ms. Miriam de Angelis, H2020 National Contact Point, APRE, Italy
- Opportunities in “Secure, clean and efficient energy” by Dr. Piotr Swiatek, FP7 National Contact Point Energy, PTJ/FZJ, Jülich ,Germany
- Opportunities in “Smart, green and integrated transport” by Mr. George Baroutas, PRAXI Network, Greece
- Opportunities in “Health, demographic change and wellbeing” by Mr. Liew Kong Cheng, UK Science & Innovation Network, British High Commission, Singapore
- EURAXESS Links ASEAN and the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) by Mr. Simon Grimley, Regional Representative, EURAXESS Links ASEAN
- A Marie Sklodowska-Curie Success Story by Assistant Professor Patchanita Thamyongkit, Associate Dean of Graduate School, Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University
- European Research Council Funding for Excellent Science by Mr. Simon Grimley, Regional Representative, EURAXESS Links ASEAN
- The art to write a successful proposal by Dr. Olivier Küttel, Head of European Public Affairs, EPFL, Switzerland
- Technical and Financial Management of EU Projects by Ms. Carole Glynn, Director, FRIENZ, New Zealan
Download Program Click
- Infoday on Horizon 2020, 7 July 2014 during 8.30-17.30 hrs.
- Workshop on How to Write a Successful Proposal for EU Funding Programs, 8 July 2014 during 8.30-12.00 hrs.
- Workshop on Technical and Financial management of EU Funded Projects, 8 July 2014 during 13.00-16.00 hrs.
Horizon 2020 is the largest EU Research and Innovation program ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020). Horizon 2020 is coupling research and innovation with an emphasis on excellent science, industrial leadership and societal challenges. The goal is to remove barriers to innovation, and make it easier for the public and private sectors to work together in delivering innovation.
Horizon 2020 is open to participation by Thai and Southeast Asian researchers. NSTDA along with SEA-EU-NET, INCONTACT 2020 and EURAXESS Links ASEAN are organizing this Infoday and the two workshops to inform researchers from across ASEAN about funding and mobility opportunities under Horizon 2020, and to facilitate their participation in European collaborative projects.
In addition to giving a general overview of Horizon 2020, this Infoday will provide specific information on upcoming Calls for Proposals, in particular those open to Thai and Southeast Asian researchers. On Day 2 workshops will be conducted on how to write a successful European proposal as well as on the technical and financial management of EU funded projects.