The Thailand Science Park (TSP) was set up in 2002 as a fully-integrated R&D hub for science and technology. It is managed by the Technology Management Center (TMC) of the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA) under the Ministry of Science and Technology.
TSP is a critical part of Thailand's efforts to strengthen its capabilities in research and innovation. This important infrastructure is established to promote greater innovativeness and encourage more R&D activities within the technology intensive sectors. In addition to advanced facilities and business space, the TSP offers a full range of value-added services to support technology businesses. Phase 1 of the TSP comprising of over 140,000 sq.m. of built-up space has been completed and is fully occupied by the 4 national research centers and more than 60 corporate tenants.
Robust Infrastructure and Comprehensive Support which Meets Your R&D Needs
• pilot plant, green houses, design service center
• conference & exhibition facilities and training centers
• facilities and space to suit technology companies of different sizes
World-class R&D Facilities and Skilled Manpower
• shared use of advanced laboratories and equipment at the 4 national research centers
• access to large pool of over 600 full-time scientists and researchers (with more than 360 PhDs)
• close links with leading universities and government agencies
Resources to Accelerate Your R&D Activities
• leverage on joint R&D and contract R&D activities with NSTDA
• tap upon Science and Technology training resources and seminars
• extensive R&D database
Thailand Science Park Phase II
Phase 2 of the TSP, which has been designated INC 2, comprises of 4 inter-connected towers which creates over 127,000 sq.m. of total floor area. INC 2 is built around the concept of “Work-Life Integration”. It is designed to create a conducive environment for technology companies, in which their talented people can live, work and play. INC 2 aims to adapt to the ever-changing needs of today’s knowledge workers.
INC 2 provides its R&D-oriented tenants with a comprehensive suite of business facilities and a superb working environment. The modular design of the four towers of INC 2 makes it easy to accommodate the different needs of R&D intensive companies.
INC 2 offers:
• Designated areas for laboratories requiring vibration control and special preparation
• Specific areas at the base of the fours towers suitable for setting up equipment requiring floor loading allowance
• Link-ways between the 4 towers to foster interaction and networking among the tenants
Direct access to the state-of-the-art Thailand Science Park Convention Center comprising of 14 meeting rooms, an auditorium and 2,000 sq.m. exhibition area
Thailand Science Park Supports & Services
R&D Support Facilities
At TSP, tenants can tap upon NSTDA’s laboratory testing and analytical services through its various laboratories and research units.
Tenants can also access the comprehensive range of support services available through TSP’s Sales and Business Development team:.
Technology & Technical Services
• Contract Research and Joint Research
• Testing and Analytical Service
• Technology Information Service
• Technology Licensing Service (In-licensing & Out-licensing)
• Application for Research Funding
• Application for Soft Loans
• Joint Investments
Human Resource Services
• Training and Seminars on specific Business and Technology Topics
• HR Recruitment
• Specialist Database
Business Support Services
• Intellectual Property Service
• Technology Licensing Office
• Business Matching Service
• Visa & Work Permit Assistance
• Privileges & Incentives Coordination Service
Privileges & Incentives
Thailand Board of Investment (BOI) Privileges
• Import Tax Exemption for Machineries
• Corporate Income Tax Exemption for 8 Years
• 50% Corporate Income Tax Reduction for 5 more Years after Tax Exemption Period Ends
• Work Permit and Visa Facilitation for Foreign Specialists and Researchers
Revenue Department Incentives
• Accelerated Depreciation Rate for R&D Machineries and Equipments
• 200% Tax Deduction for R&D Expense
For more information please visit:
www.sciencepark.or.th or contact TSP Marketing and Cluster Promotion Division
Tel. +66 (0) 2564 7222.